Re: Gauge Number from eBay ---- Wiring question, about 24 volt and "bridges" -- update for today

I talked to Cal a little while ago. He disconnected a possibly faulty cigar lighter socket and the 24-12 volt converter cooled right off. It's a good idea to have switch for the converter anyway.

On 8/31/2020 7:50 AM, Electri-Cal wrote:
I did just find that my inside boat long term battery charger also as a side effect made the instruments, and 12 volt converter for that quite warm, huh !!  I disconnected that and will check it today, maybe put a switch right close to it.  Looks like I need to isolate the charge current from going there, and find out why it would.  Even with all accessories shut off, that makes me wonder if there is an accidental drain going on that I don't know about.  Will look at that today, while I'm doing more boat stuff.
I want people to talk to one another no matter what their difference of opinion might be. (Studs Terkel)