Re: Gauge Number from eBay ---- Wiring question, about 24 volt and "bridges" -- update for today

There are some inexpensive battery monitors on Amazon. They're bound to be better than the little bitty one Cal just got. here's one:

https://smile.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B01JOUZELG/themotherofal-20

The shunt isn't rated very much more than the maximum draw of Cal's motors, so a more robust one of the same mV rating might be needed:

https://smile.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B07MNVZN7Z/themotherofal-20

Another possibility is to use a gauge that uses a Hall effect transformer to sense the current:

https://smile.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B073W6453F/themotherofal-20

I'm not endorsing any of these products. Just showing some of what a quick look-see on Amazon turned up...

Missionaries, my Dear! Don't you realize that missionaries are the divinely provided food for destitute cannibals? Whenever they are on the brink of starvation, Heaven in its infinite mercy sends them a nice plump missionary. (Oscar Wilde)