Re: Mini 12 meter Boomer parts for 4 boats

Jove Lachman-Curl

I bet that was quite an experience Rich, I'm jealous!
-Jove

On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 4:07 PM Richard Green <chaos5@...> wrote:
I sailed a FC version of Suhaili named Suhail, cutter rigged,  from Honolulu to Astoria in1980.  Fun trip, a bit bouncy.

Rich

On Aug 31, 2020, at 3:51 PM, Jove Lachman-Curl <jovelc87@...> wrote:

John,
As the fern ridge sailing season tapers off, I'm finding myself more and more interested in RC boats again.
Where can I catch people sailing RC boats around here?
How did the Boomer project go for everyone last year?
Are there any boomer hulls or other RC sailing equipment available?

Here is a nice picture of an RC model of Suhaili, Robin Knox-johston's 32'er. made by some French RC group.
At this point, I'd really like to try sailing and RC boat to just see if I like it before invest much more time or effort into the idea, So if anyone has a boat, knows a group, or etc. Let me know.
<image.png>
best,
-Jove

On Sun, Feb 24, 2019 at 4:50 PM Electri-Cal <calboats@...> wrote:
John, Dan, Andy and I have enough of the needed wires  coming in as a donation, to convert some servos, battery pack snaps, and enough RX battery cases to fit all 4 boats coming in soon.  I also have the keel to deck sealing tubes to be watertight.  Maybe more stuff will be added, but that is a complete list, until I actually get the work started.  I can order a bunch for all direct from source, so what I have is free, to those who don't mind waiting till it all comes in.  You guys can let me know if you want any of this, before it comes in.  John is covered, I will have the right stuff.  How about Dan, and  Andy,  are you interested or wish do do it yourself, no problem if you do??   A slight mod. needed to switch wires for fixing on the servos, and I ordered parts for that, or I might do those here as needed. So, let me know so I can start a "reserved boater packages" thing as goodies arrive, the rest I got, will restore a couple planes I have ready to convert.

Later,  Away we go , to the lonely sea and sky ,etc. ---   Cal                     RE, --  by John Masefield (Not me)  What a GREAT poem, tears, tears, -- etc.