Re: Gauge Number from eBay ---- Wiring question, about 24 volt and "bridges" -- update for today

Electri-Cal

The volt/amp guage is from  ------ cosupower888 ------  item #  363000785546

Yep, just the gauge, the box, no install notes, or anything beyond the info. on the eBay web site.  No mention of any bridge, hole size or uses.   I did look up other eBay identical gauges, some with more info.  I did just find that my inside boat long term battery charger also as a side effect made the instruments, and 12 volt converter for that quite warm, huh !!  I disconnected that and will check it today, maybe put a switch right close to it.  Looks like I need to isolate the charge current from going there, and find out why it would.  Even with all accessories shut off, that makes me wonder if there is an accidental drain going on that I don't know about.  Will look at that today, while I'm doing more boat stuff.

I haven't turned on the instrument lights while running before.  I just used them as charge checkers, and the depth finder as a battery drain, since that buzzes, and shuts down.  I will figure the actual cut off points and use the LED instruments more now, probably make indicators for amp power for best range on the dial face.  A few things I didn't get to (forgot or lazy) while I was having  hip operations, and recovery months without boat oriented movements.

Later coots,  ---- Cal

Later,   Cal