Re: Table Saw Blues --- Burnt out motor !!

Cal's saw has the blade bolted right to the motor shaft, and a brushed AC/DC motor. Like a great big portable circular saw bolted to the underside of the table. Not a separate motor with a belt to the arbor like the pricier saws. He was talking about it the other day. My going-on-50-year-old Sears saw has that integral motor and arbor and is still humming along (though brushed motors make more noise). It's kinda scary that I remember when my saw was bought new, by a friend. <g>

You can often find good deals on old table saws. If it's a good make and model, a little fettling and maybe a new fence and you can have got a good saw.

On 8/20/2020 1:54 PM, Jove wrote:
Motors on stationary power tools are usually interchangeable. What is the power rating on the motor?

The cheap table saw off craigslist is often the cheapest way to get a new motor. They are so cumbersome that people put a low price on them to free up space.
https://eugene.craigslist.org/tls/d/springfield-10-inch-sears-tablesaw/7180024010.html ...
I have a total irreverence for anything connected with society except that which makes the roads safer, the beer stronger, the food cheaper and the old men and old women warmer in the winter and happier in the summer. (Brendan Behan)