Re: Table Saw Blues --- Burnt out motor !!

Jove Lachman-Curl

Motors on stationary power tools are usually interchangeable. What is the power rating on the motor?
The cheap table saw off craigslist is often the cheapest way to get a new motor. They are so cumbersome that people put a low price on them to free up space.
https://eugene.craigslist.org/tls/d/springfield-10-inch-sears-tablesaw/7180024010.html
Are you happy with your saw in general? or would you consider replacing it? I think my neighbor is looking at getting rid of a small table saw at some point, I could ask him the price.
I'm in south eugene. Where are you?
Also, harbor freight has motors in box for ~160. I'm not sure what you're prefered budget is. Is this a "I want to fix it for under $20" type of thing?
I'm interested to hear what others say, I've burnt out a couple motors and it's always been a pain to find a good cheap replacement.
-Jove

On Wed, Aug 19, 2020 at 5:37 PM Electri-Cal <calboats@...> wrote:
Just had my Delta 10 inch saw burn out, this is not good.  Looking to replace that is pretty spendy.  So, looking for a good motor rebuilder, a replacement, or exchange motor, maybe even a different gently used saw to replace my old one.  Ideas welcome, I found a motor rebuilder down the road, but different tried and successful ideas might come from the Coots, so here goes !!  Yep, it'll cost a few bucks, but would like to do it some good way to get rolling again.

Thanks,   Cal