Re: Electric Love

John Weiss

Used to be. Went all the way, and now have a Tesla Model 3.

On 08/12/20 13:15, John Kohnen wrote:
So you're a fellow Prius driver, John! :o)
Toyota's got everybody convinced that the Prius computer is real picky about what sort of 12 volt battery it likes. <sigh> To keep us from putting just _any_ battery in our Prii, batteries in American cars have _Japanese_ standard terminals, and Japanese cars have _American_ standard terminals! But $450 to replace your Prius battery was highway robbery! My Prius's (2006) battery died a while back, and I got a fancy-dan Optima battery, better than the stock Toyota battery, for $237.99 through Amazon. It's a bit of a hassle to get to the Prius battery, but not enough so to justify what your dealer charged you. <sigh>
https://smile.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B006VFEJJQ/themotherofal-20
On 8/11/2020 9:17 PM, John Weiss wrote:
The Prius battery may be a bargain.  IIRC, I had to pay the Toyota dealer $425 for a replacement AGM!
The replacement battery they sell for Prii may be something to look at.  >40 A/H (and the rate at a more aggressive discharge than the usual lead/acid rating) and a built in BMS, for $349 each.