Re: Took awhile

Case Turner

Made that trip once with Orca. Mast up with hopes of sailing home into the slough. Well let’s just say that the last 1-2 miles took me forever rowing into the 2’a3’ wind chop. 3 year old Blake with me rubbing blackberries we’d picked all over the nice show paint!

Good times!

Case

Sent from not here

On Aug 11, 2020, at 4:24 PM, elaineginader <elaineginader@...> wrote:

One of the first things I did to Larimar is oar locks but I need a seat and that's almost done. I rowed her the first year I brought her to Elk City but I missed going with the Coots because I was late. It would be nice to see how she handles. But we'll see what happens.

On Tue, Aug 11, 2020, 3:47 PM John Kohnen <jkohnen@...> wrote:
The Yaquina River between Elk City and Toledo isn't a very good place
for a sailboat. Bring your kayak. I hope you can manage to bring Larimar
to Fern Ridge before the water is all gone. Bob L and I poked around
with his boathook yesterday and discovered that the depths given below
are a little pessimistic for the end of the Richardson ramp (but about
4" optimistic for the depth in my slip out on E Dock <sigh>). There's
about a foot more water at the end of the Orchard Point ramp.

http://preview.tinyurl.com/FRidgeSlips

On 8/9/2020 4:25 PM, elaine wrote:
> Being stuck at home has its advantages. I took my Enterprise
> sailing/racing dinghy to the Toledo Boat Show last year and as some of
> you know I had my share of problems. One that has been on my mind was
> that I couldn't figure out how to keep the rubber down. I've been
> researching since to figure this dilemma as I would love to sail her on
> some future Coot messabouts. Today it all came to me and now it'll work
> correctly. I think I'll bring the Enterprise to the Halloween float just
> so I can test it out. Or if things work out I may take her to Fern
> Ridge. We'll see.

A man of courage never needs weapons, but he may need bail. (Lewis Mumford)