Very Interesting Boat For Sale

THE (I think they only did one) Nexus Bolger Black Skimmer. A design I've long lusted after, ever since I forst saw it in The Folding Schooner... A very practical sort of boat.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: [TSCA-Puget] Sharpie for sale
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2020 08:51:35 -0700
From: mckeeb@...

mckeeb at gmail.com

Otter needs a new home!
$12, 000 obo

25 foot glass over plywood sharpie (Phil Bolger Black Skimmer), 3500 lbs on the trailer, 2800 lbs off. Draws 1 foot lee boards up, and ~ 3 or 4 with the boards down.

$12,000 - including the trailer, outboard and all the gear - flares, chart book, throw-able cushions, two anchors and associated rode, and etc. A professionally built Bolger boat, it doesn’t get much stranger than that. Otter, originally Ui Ipo was built in 2007, by Nexus Marine, for the original owner who passed away shortly after he took delivery of the boat in the SF Bay Area . The boat sat out of the water on his sons property. We've added a small AC battery charger, replaced the batteries (2 G28 AGMS), replaced the water pump & fresh water plumbing, and rewired the power for the outboard. The outboard is a Yamaha T8 w/ electric start and electric lift which runs well (gear and engine oil changed annually). The main (2 reefs) and mizzen were made by Carrol Hasse's loft, and I made the mizzen staysail (there's sail covers and bags too). The trailer is in good condition though has the usual electrical issues in regards to the lights. New wheels as of 2 years ago. I refinished the spars (sanded to bare wood, and applied 3 coats of cetol marine light + 2 coats of the gloss). New hull and deck paint this year. Three coats of Quantum 2 part poly. The boat is in Bellingham on the trailer.

Call, text or email to discuss.
Ben 360-920-3041
mckeeb@...

Picture

https://photos.app.goo.gl/WSHbLYDGEAJbaLH16

Education is a private matter between the person and the world of knowledge and experience, and has little to do with school or college. (Lillian Smith)