Re: Underwater Vision Update

How many broken propellers could you have replaced with the money you're spending on your underwater vision project? ;o)

I know, I know, the fun of playing around with the gadgets is priceless. :o)

I think I warned you that when you got the underwater camera working you'd go searching for clear lakes. <g> It's not algae that make Fern Ridge opaque. There's a lot of fine clay that gets suspended in the water, so even in that deep spot by the dam where Charley's friend says the abandoned locomotive lies you can't see anything.

On 8/4/2020 6:12 PM, Electri-Cal wrote:
AARGH !!  I made a mount for holding the sensor on a pole underwater, another trial rig for dry mounting through the hull, with the syn. sapphire watch chrystal lens,  The sensor// camera pickup got lodged in the mount, s I carefully CRACKED the built in lens.  Now to decide if I want to try that again, or go for the as advertised "fishing " camera which is over an inch bigger.  It does have regular and infrared lights for night vision, a very tempting thought for the extra bucks.  Bigger screen, longer range, etc., so if I wanted to start over it basically is another unit, that is more bucks.  Thinking about that  more versatile drop tube or flip up holder for better access without holes or through hull mounts, stay tuned as I will get this set to show those pesky rocks and stuff that eats props.  DARN< DARN< DARN !!!
What is more pleasant than a friendly little yacht, a long stretch of smooth water, a gentle breeze, the stars? (Billy Atkin)