Re: Lower Columbia River info

Mark Neuhaus

Hi John and Case,

Thanks for the thumbs up.  :-)

On Mon, Jul 27, 2020 at 2:25 PM John Kohnen <jkohnen@...> wrote:

Nice looking new boat, Mark. Congratulations! What are the particulars?
About 20'? What kind of gas guzzler do you have on the transom?

Here's how Dave Wright, the  builder in Ridgefield WA,  described it:
21 foot Tolman Widebody with pilot house. Launched summer 2016, very clean and like new. We just haven't used it much. With 2016 70 HP Yamaha 4 stroke, less than 20 hours. On 2016 Road Runner galvanized trailer, single axle, 3500 pound capacity, surge brakes. Less than 250 miles on trailer. Only used in fresh water and looks brand new.

The boat has nicely up holstered cushions, two batteries, bilge pump, lights, nav lights, horn, depth sounder, but never added any fancy electronics. Self bailing cockpit It's a good, neat, clean base for customizing. Always attracted a crowd of fishermen at the launch ramp, trying to decide if was an Arima or C-Dory. Always surprised to find it was home built.

Of course you're welcome to join us in September, and we'll appreciate
your research. As for sightseeing through Portland, we were just
thinking of going up and back in a day, probably tying up at fred's, or
anchoring in the vicinity.

Sounds good.  Like I said, I hope to get out a bunch and explore the waters up to Saint Helens.  I'll pass along anything of interest.  I suspect that plans will be pretty loose?  Still, it's nice to know what's available around the area.

Mark