Re: Lower Columbia River info

I'm pretty sure Reach if Tide was the result of several voyages, blended together in the book. I'm not so sure about multiple boats for that book, but Myles's Reach of Tide wasn't involved. IIRC, she was built with money from the book sales.

On 7/27/2020 11:09 AM, Mark N wrote:
You do know that Sam McKinney took several years and more than one boat
to do what he wrote about in Reach of Tide? ;o)
I know he took three boats and a few years to complete his "Sailing Uphill" journey to the east coast.  But I just finished re-reading "Reach of Tide" and it felt like one boat, one trip.  Maybe I gotta stop reading in bed.  :-)
Dissent is what rescues democracy from a quiet death behind closed doors. (Lewis H. Lapham)