Old Tools

dan mulholland

I thought this group might be interested in this.  My father made this cabinet and these were some of his tools.  Until yesterday, it had casters and handles on the back, as this was made to take to job sites, as he was a cabinet maker at that time.  I don't know how it would have worked, loaded, it's heavy.  So, most everything in here dates to before the 1960's, I'd guess, and some is pre WW11.   I have this because about 20 years ago the cabinet maker that  bought the shop, who'd stored it since the 1960's, wanted  one of us to have it and I was in the phone book.  I returned it to my father, and got it back when he died.  Took me a while to get around to putting it back together.  Clearly he liked  quality  tools.  It's a neat project, a lot of thought went into it.