Re: kayak sail rig

Jove Lachman-Curl

Yes, not very cootish, and I was hoping to build it myself from scrap and a little sail cloth or that ripstop nylon they sell at Joanne’s in nice colors. But the attachment methods and the recommended sail area are helpful. After reading some good things about balanced lug rigs going to windward ok I’m leaning in that direction. Short spars, simple to build and a low center of effort.

On Jun 10, 2020, at 7:55 PM, John Kohnen <jkohnen@...> wrote:

Where's the fun in buying a rig off the shelf? Not very Cootish. ;o) Those rigs look well-thought out, though their "Genoa" looks like a normal jib to me <g>, but $760-800!

https://www.kayaksailor.com/store/pc/viewcategories.asp?idcategory=2

On 6/9/2020 7:13 PM, Bob Miller wrote:
Kayaksailor.com
Collapsible rig. Easily handled.

Never lose a chance of saying a kind word. (William Makepeace Thackeray)