Re: Flailing for a shallow alarm system

Electri-Cal

that will be a (wait for it ) Surprise, until I see that it works.  Don't want to give out bad info. on untested stuff.  I am hoping my idea will work, and I could produce a finished product asap.  Thanks for asking, when ready will show and tell.
Yea, Coots ---  Porky Pig

On Mon, May 18, 2020 at 4:33 PM John Kohnen <jkohnen@...> wrote:
What depthsounder did you order, Cal? Link?

A through-hull transducer would have been easy enough to replace, if you
bedded it in something less permanent than 5200... When mounting the
transom mount transducer inside the boat, remove _all_ the wood below it
and fill the hole with epoxy. Be careful to avoid bubbles in the goo. I
think I'd just stick the transducer to the top of the epoxy filler with
a glob of thickened epoxy. No messing with liquid filled tubes and such...

On 5/18/2020 11:05 AM, Electri-Cal wrote:
> Mumm, I just now ordered what I HOPE will be the answer to hanging the
> boat up on stuff.  I did order one at $56.00 - so half the price of the
> Norcross unit.

There are two theories to arguing with a woman. Neither works. (Will Rogers)

Thanks, I will reply to all mail as possible ---  Cal