Re: Flailing for a shallow alarm system

What depthsounder did you order, Cal? Link?

A through-hull transducer would have been easy enough to replace, if you bedded it in something less permanent than 5200... When mounting the transom mount transducer inside the boat, remove _all_ the wood below it and fill the hole with epoxy. Be careful to avoid bubbles in the goo. I think I'd just stick the transducer to the top of the epoxy filler with a glob of thickened epoxy. No messing with liquid filled tubes and such...

On 5/18/2020 11:05 AM, Electri-Cal wrote:
Mumm, I just now ordered what I HOPE will be the answer to hanging the boat up on stuff.  I did order one at $56.00 - so half the price of the Norcross unit.
There are two theories to arguing with a woman. Neither works. (Will Rogers)