Re: Oar Creep?

Making your own "Bolger" oarlocks in the Boathouse foundry sounds like a fun project! :o)

Duckworks sells bronze oarlocks with the forward horn and pin in line. They're designed to use D-shaped collars for "automatic" feathering and preset pitch. Not cheap:

https://www.duckworks.com/product-p/rs-do.htm

https://www.duckworks.com/product-p/dur-martinoli-parent.htm

A review:

https://preview.tinyurl.com/ybxtwexa

or

https://s3.amazonaws.com/duckbbs/hardware/oarlocks/douglas/Ash+Breeze+Article+11-05.pdf

On 5/17/2020 5:04 PM, Toledo Joe wrote:
My sockets are slightly out of perpendicular, maybe 12 degrees.  I like the idea of the pin in line with the forward horn.  I now have food for thought and more directions to play.  Maybe we can forge some of our own oarlocks with the design described by Bolger with our new foundry.
Skepticism, like chastity, should not be relinquished too readily. (George Santayana)