Re: Oar Creep?

Jove Lachman-Curl

Yes. Good point John. Those racing oarlocks might be a bit weird with round loom oars. They take a D or a squarish loom that flops from feathered to squared.
I’ve not tried them with round looms. I have a pair if you want any measurements.
-Jove

On May 17, 2020, at 7:15 PM, John Kohnen <@Jkohnen> wrote:

IIRC, racing shell oars don't have round looms. They, or the collars, are shaped so the oar flops into the feathered position on the recovery stroke, and then flops back on the pull stroke. Jove?

On 5/17/2020 6:21 PM, Toledo Joe wrote:
Thanks Jove. Interesting reading and information. Those locks don’t appear to be that expensive either.
Like all weak men he laid an exaggerated stress on not changing one's mind. (W. Somerset Maugham)