Re: Yaquina

Here's the paper on Yaquina City I mentioned. Apologies to the author for calling him a her in my previous post. ;o)

http://oregonstate.edu/instruct/geo422/422_Paper_Sandler.pdf

Somewhere around here I've got a book about the Southern Pacific (and the other railroads it absorbed) in Oregon that has a map of the railroad in Yaquina...

On 4/25/2020 4:52 PM, Jim C wrote:
I just read a book by a lady who grew up in Toledo & she talks about the town of Yaquina being the end of the railroad from the valley. The book was published in 2004 & she claimed the old turntable is gone but there is a house built over the hole the turntable was on & is still there. Any one ever heard of this? My wife thinks the town of Yaquina was where the oyster place is.
As I Remember
by Carol Armington
The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don't want, drink what you don't like, and do what you'd rather not. (Mark Twain)