Re: Yaquina

Joe Novello

The town of Yaquina is further downriver from the oyster plants.  It is right next to Sawyers marina and the Mad Dog Tavern.

On Sat, Apr 25, 2020 at 4:52 PM Jhcalbany@... via groups.io <Jhcalbany=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
I just read a book by a lady who grew up in Toledo & she talks about the town of Yaquina being the end of the railroad from the valley. The book was published in 2004 & she claimed the old turntable is gone but there is a house built over the hole the turntable was on & is still there. Any one ever heard of this? My wife thinks the town of Yaquina was where the oyster place is.

As I Remember
by Carol Armington

--
Joe Novello