Port Townsend Wooden Boat Festival CANCELLED TOO!

"Dear Wooden Boat Festival Community,

"After much careful consideration, we feel we have no choice but to cancel the 2020 Wooden Boat Festival. There is great uncertainty of festivals being allowed to happen come fall, and if they are allowed, the conditions may be ones that defy the heart of our Festival—being together, boats rafted up, sharing the docks, the presentations, the food court, the dance floor. But ultimately, it is the welfare of our festival community that has pushed our decision. This will be the first year in forty-four that the wooden boat community will not come together in person to celebrate what we love. What is fall without the Festival? For the sponsors, boaters, vendors, volunteers, presenters, the RV’ers, and all the people that come every year, it's part of our annual rhythm and lives. We are heartbroken to not come together, but the love we feel for our festival family is ultimately why we choose to stay apart.

"We are mourning the incredible year we had lined up! Poster art from Port Townsend's famous artist Chris Witowski—that will be hidden in a vault for next year. The 2020 theme was showcasing Croatia, and Croatian Americans with a big focus on the fishing industry. Like the Japanese theme from last year, there are hundreds of thousands Croatian Americans living around the Puget Sound. We were looking forward to sharing their stories, music, food, and culture. I hope we can bring this wonderful theme another year.

"This pandemic has changed many things in our lives but the Wooden Boat Festival will be back. It's in our blood and in our hearts.

"Looking ahead, we have some really fun future festivals lined up for you. We are very excited to have a Nordic Festival in the hopper for 2021, including hosting The Draken, the largest Viking ship in the world. And for 2022 we are working on a Native Canoe theme, hopefully including a visit from the famous Hokulea.

"Stay tuned for updates about what's coming!

"Sending the best to everyone from the Wooden Boat Festival and Northwest Maritime Center team.

"Be well,
"Barb Trailer
"Wooden Boat Festival Director"

https://woodenboat.org/

Things don't improve with age. Look at your truck. Look at your roof. Look in the mirror! (Red Green)