Re: Real Computer Program to Use with Navionics

Mark Neuhaus

Hi George,

On Thu, Mar 26, 2020 at 10:44 AM George C via Groups.Io <glcost2=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
John,

I re-read your email and feel I didn't answer it correctly. ExpertGPS comes with detailed NOAA US Coastal and Great Lakes charts. On your computer, it looks just like paper NOAA charts. You just have to set the default map to Nautical.

I, too, am having trouble with the 5-day trial version and trying to use NOAA charts.

I see in the menu where to set nautical charts as the default.

You say it comes with charts. The trial version contains no charts or maps of any type that I can see.  And from their online help page (I really, really hate programs that make me be online to get help), it seems that it will download tiles to my hard drive.  Are they saying I can't simply copy a BSB/KAP file to a directory on my hard drive?  I have to go online to get a new area??????

Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Mark