Subject: Keep MarHst active
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2020 15:30:03 -0400
From: Maurice Smith
To: MARHST-L@...

MarHst-L was started a little over 27 years ago and is sponsored by the Marine Museum of the Great Lakes. Queen’s University at Kingston provide the technical services based on a community service policy as long as the ‘posts’ are in the main related to maritime history. And that without restriction to any particular locality. And like many an idea, it started over a beer in a local Kingston, Ontario pub, Ben’s, regrettably now closed. The pub, being close to Queen’s was in the world of ideas a very modified Dr. Who phonebooth. Well, I have to confess, not all the pub ideas were academic.
Many of you, introduced to one another via MarHst-L have become good friends. Over the last few weeks the number of subscribers has gone up, not by much but it is a welcome trend. Please continue to introduce others to MarHst. And most important now is a good time to make a few posts.
Maurice

Maurice D Smith
Co-moderator, MarHst-L
Walter Lewis, Co-moderator, MarHst-l

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out? (René Descartes)