The Maritime History Mailing List

Another source of entertainment, and knowledge, while cooped up at home. I've been a subscriber to marhst-L for over 20 years, and I feel priveleged to hang out with so many knowledgeable, and even "famous" (in the maritime history field), authors and experts. But you don't need to be an expert to sign up and enjoy the discussions, and you may even be able to add something useful. I heartily recommend the list:

http://marmuseum.ca/index.php/research/marhst-l-research-resources

To subscribe:
Send message to: LISTSERV@...
First Line: SUBSCRIBE MARHST-L [Your Name]

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Keep MarHst active
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2020 15:30:03 -0400
Reply-To: Marine History Information Exchange Group <MARHST-L@...>
To: MARHST-L@...

MarHst-L was started a little over 27 years ago and is sponsored by the Marine Museum of the Great Lakes. Queen’s University at Kingston provide the technical services based on a community service policy as long as the ‘posts’ are in the main related to maritime history. And that without restriction to any particular locality. And like many an idea, it started over a beer in a local Kingston, Ontario pub, Ben’s, regrettably now closed. The pub, being close to Queen’s was in the world of ideas a very modified Dr. Who phonebooth. Well, I have to confess, not all the pub ideas were academic.
Many of you, introduced to one another via MarHst-L have become good friends. Over the last few weeks the number of subscribers has gone up, not by much but it is a welcome trend. Please continue to introduce others to MarHst. And most important now is a good time to make a few posts.
Maurice

Maurice D Smith
Co-moderator, MarHst-L
Walter Lewis, Co-moderator, MarHst-l

--
John <@Jkohnen>
An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out? (René Descartes)

--
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
https://www.avg.com

Join oregoncoots@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.