Re: Season Opener Messabout Saturday -- CANCELLED

jim reim

I talked to the Port of Alsea today.  Their ramp is open.  They have signs posted asking people to keep 6 feet away.  Very few boats out there right now.  I guess that the County Commissioners telling outsiders to go away may be working.  If someone wants to come over and drop a few crab pots, I'd be happy to suggest some good spots.  I was out a couple weeks ago and the crabbing was pretty good.  There are also some interesting tide channels to explore, with waterfowl, otters, and elk to be watched

Jim R.

On Thursday, March 26, 2020, 06:09:08 PM PDT, John Kohnen <jkohnen@...> wrote:

Makes sense. Washington closed all sportfishing, due to crowded boat
ramps and crowds of bank fishermen.

https://preview.tinyurl.com/ufavtkn

or

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2020/mar/25/statewide-fishing-ban-ordered-by-washington-wildli/

I know we need to hunker down and fight this nasty virus by keeping away
from other people, but some of the steps being taken just seem punitive.
We're encouraged to get outside and get some exercise, but then, "On
Tuesday, WDFW announced closures of all wildlife areas and water access
areas, alongside Washington State Parks. The Washington Department of
Natural Resources closed its lands Wednesday." Where are we supposed to
do it? <sigh>

On 3/25/2020 8:16 PM, Toledo Joe wrote:
> I can explain the rationale for shutting down the Toledo Boat Ramp.  All
> the other boat ramps in LIncoln County have been shut down. This caused
> everyone wanting to get on the water to flock to Toledo causing a
> bottleneck and congregation place for people .  Given this and the
> directives from the governor, it was right thing to do.  It would have
> also put the Port of Toledo in a bad position with the other entities
> who closed theirs.

After all, all he did was string together a lot of old, well-known
quotations. (H. L. Mencken on Shakespeare)