Re: Season Opener Messabout Saturday -- CANCELLED

Makes sense. Washington closed all sportfishing, due to crowded boat ramps and crowds of bank fishermen.

https://preview.tinyurl.com/ufavtkn

or

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2020/mar/25/statewide-fishing-ban-ordered-by-washington-wildli/

I know we need to hunker down and fight this nasty virus by keeping away from other people, but some of the steps being taken just seem punitive. We're encouraged to get outside and get some exercise, but then, "On Tuesday, WDFW announced closures of all wildlife areas and water access areas, alongside Washington State Parks. The Washington Department of Natural Resources closed its lands Wednesday." Where are we supposed to do it? <sigh>

On 3/25/2020 8:16 PM, Toledo Joe wrote:
I can explain the rationale for shutting down the Toledo Boat Ramp.  All the other boat ramps in LIncoln County have been shut down. This caused everyone wanting to get on the water to flock to Toledo causing a bottleneck and congregation place for people .  Given this and the directives from the governor, it was right thing to do.  It would have also put the Port of Toledo in a bad position with the other entities who closed theirs.
After all, all he did was string together a lot of old, well-known quotations. (H. L. Mencken on Shakespeare)