Re: Real Computer Program to Use with Navionics

George C

John,

I re-read your email and feel I didn't answer it correctly. ExpertGPS comes with detailed NOAA US Coastal and Great Lakes charts. On your computer, it looks just like paper NOAA charts. You just have to set the default map to Nautical.

If you are wanting other charts or need detailed charts for Canadian waters,  there are ways to load them into the program.

George

On Sunday, March 22, 2020, 05:13:02 PM PDT, John Kohnen <jkohnen@...> wrote:

I just got around to looking at ExpertGPS, and the description on the
Web page is impressive. But how do you get NOAA charts into the program?

On 3/17/2020 12:01 PM, George C wrote:
> John,
>
> I have been using ExpertGPS on my PC to look at charts, create trip
> plans, create waypoints and routes to be uploaded to my Garmin, and then
> download the tracks from the Garmin to the software. I has detailed US
> Nautical charts built in and you can load your own charts.
> Unfortunately, it only has a 30day free trial period then you have to
> pay $75. It seems to be a one man operation, but the owner has been good
> at answering my questions.
>
> ExpertGPS - GPS Mapping Software for Garmin, Magellan, Lowrance, Eagle
> GPS
https://www.expertgps.com/

What is more pleasant than a friendly little yacht, a long stretch of
smooth water, a gentle breeze, the stars? (Billy Atkin)