Re: Real Computer Program to Use with Navionics

George C

I haven't tried it myself, but since it doesn't have detailed Canadian charts, I will have to load them. From my understanding, there are two ways.

You can use the Scanned Maps feature in ExpertGPS to display digital
charts, USGS DRGs, or your own scanned paper maps. There is a procedure to prepare and geo-reference your maps for use within the program.

Also, it allows you to view street maps, topo maps, aerial photos, and nautical charts. It relies on various Internet map servers to provide these mapping services. You can override the default map services in ExpertGPS to access your own preferred map servers.

On Sunday, March 22, 2020, 5:13:02 PM PDT, John Kohnen <jkohnen@...> wrote:

I just got around to looking at ExpertGPS, and the description on the
Web page is impressive. But how do you get NOAA charts into the program?

On 3/17/2020 12:01 PM, George C wrote:
> John,
>
> I have been using ExpertGPS on my PC to look at charts, create trip
> plans, create waypoints and routes to be uploaded to my Garmin, and then
> download the tracks from the Garmin to the software. I has detailed US
> Nautical charts built in and you can load your own charts.
> Unfortunately, it only has a 30day free trial period then you have to
> pay $75. It seems to be a one man operation, but the owner has been good
> at answering my questions.
>
> ExpertGPS - GPS Mapping Software for Garmin, Magellan, Lowrance, Eagle
> GPS
https://www.expertgps.com/

What is more pleasant than a friendly little yacht, a long stretch of
smooth water, a gentle breeze, the stars? (Billy Atkin)