Re: Thursday lunch

Jove Lachman-Curl

Thanks John.
The problem is I think we’re all a bit in the dark still on how quickly it will spread with the measures we’ve put in place and whether we’re being cautious enough or not only time will tell. Whether there is a significant airborne component or not is unfortunately hard to know at this stage.
-Jove

On Mar 21, 2020, at 4:56 PM, John Kohnen <@Jkohnen> wrote:

Good info, Jove. Thanks for sharing it. It's scary that the coronavirus survives so well in the air. For years I'd been told that, even though getting sneezed or coughed on is the surest way to catch them, bugs like the flu and colds are mostly passed on through secondary contact -- touching a surface infested with the virus and then picking your nose or rubbing your eye. Hence the emphasis on washing your hands (works for another nasty too, norovirus). The new coronavirus is a relative of some of the viruses that cause the common cold, so maybe we need to change the way we try to avoid colds too.

At any rate, keep washing your hands, and take care of yourselves.

On 3/19/2020 1:28 PM, Jove wrote:
There is increasing evidence of an airborne component so it's wise to be out in open air, or have doors open if you have people over. And no-one with a cough should attend.
my 2c. Have fun. Boats are a heart warming and beautiful distraction which is probably good for your health.
https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20200317-covid-19-how-long-does-the-coronavirus-last-on-surfaces?fbclid=IwAR0ZxxJDmAvWWrxye6-QJu_X4y0mfquFk9imtG45w0pxZ05GjoDkYFSDC10

Sin lies only in hurting others unnecessarily. All other "sins" are invented nonsense. (Robert A. Heinlein)