Re: Navionics

George C

John,

I have been using ExpertGPS on my PC to look at charts, create trip plans, create waypoints and routes to be uploaded to my Garmin, and then download the tracks from the Garmin to the software. I has detailed US Nautical charts built in and you can load your own charts. Unfortunately, it only has a 30day free trial period then you have to pay $75. It seems to be a one man operation, but the owner has been good at answering my questions.

George

On Sunday, March 15, 2020, 5:23:11 PM PDT, John Kohnen <jkohnen@...> wrote:

What platform are you running Navionics on. Pete? Do you use a nav
program on a Real computer to set waypoints, lay out routes, and
otherwise plan your trips? Which program?

Navionics is one of the cheap nav programs we're gonna cover in the
Workshop in Toledo. It runs on Android and Apple devices. If you want to
get a head start, download it for Android here (or go to the Google Play
store on your device):

https://preview.tinyurl.com/wcen733

For Apple:

https://preview.tinyurl.com/qwqhul6

On 3/15/2020 5:01 AM, Pete L wrote:

I use Navionics
> aboard RIPTIDE, and have found it to be excellent for my uses. I'm
> caught between wishing I had an instruction book and/or just fooling
> around with it to figure out some of the more interesting and unusual
> capabilities, though.

Better to trust the man who is frequently in error than the one who is
never in doubt. (Eric Sevareid)