Re: Radio and Navigation Workshop, March 21st in Toledo

elaineginader

Hi, I really want and need to go to this workshop but life is getting in the way. Please John schedule this for another day so some of us can attend that can't make it to this one.

Happy sailing,
Elaine

On Wed, Feb 26, 2020, 3:18 PM John Kohnen <jkohnen@...> wrote:
Some details on the workshop:

http://www.coots.org/mb/Electro/

It'll start with proper VHF radio usage and etiquette, then Bob will do
a presentation on Coastal Navigation in the Age of the Cell Phone, then
I'll do a section on using OpenCPN and Navionics, the two cheap nav
programs for mobile devices.

There will be opportunities to mix and mingle and help each other out
with our devices. There's good pizza across the street, mooring costs
only an optional donation to the Boathouses, and vehicle camping is free
in the parking lot. The tides are favorable for a trip up the Yaquina
River on Sunday for those wanting to make a weekend of it.

The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder
of civilization. (Sigmund Freud)