Re: Electronics

IIRC, my AO27 was about $125 from Amazon several months ago. It looks like buying direct from the maker in the UK is a good way to go.

Sorry, Bob L, after some serious thought, I sent off for a Glomex antenna splitter like Bob M's. It'll make the installation a lot easier, without the need to string wires all over the place.

https://preview.tinyurl.com/swhjxge

or

https://www.boatandrvaccessories.com/products/glomex-ra201-antenna-splitter-vhf-ais-am-fm

I'm reminded of the time I bought a new lawnmower instead of fixing the carburettor on my old, beatup one. Charley rebuked me, "you didn't fix the problem, you just threw money at it!" <g> I gave him the bold lawnmower. I don't know if he ever fixed it either. <g> At least the splitter isn't very expensive...

On 3/8/2020 5:35 PM, Bob Miller wrote:
I got the A023 (smaller and simpler) direct from the UK. $84.20  + $13.35 Royal Mail.
https://www.quark-elec.com/product/qk-a023-ais-wireless-receiver/
Life's more amusing than we thought. (Andrew Lang)