Re: Electronics

Bob Miller

This looks like a good DIY solution but I have no convenient or desirable place to mount it on my open 21'9" yawl. That's why I have chosen the multi-function whip antenna to place high and away with a splitter. Different solutions for different cases.

On Mon, Mar 9, 2020 at 10:05 AM johnacord <jcacord@...> wrote:
John,

That's the antenna I was describing!  Thanks for posting the picture.

I had that antenna mounted on the stern of our Gulf 32 and would receive the AIS signal at the max range of VHF even though it was mounted low and around a lot of rigging wires etc.

John A.