Re: Wood lathe

Teresa Pittman

I might be able to get a younger guy to help load. If no one else is headed your way, I'll see if I can take the day off and move it in the truck.

“Throw out the radio and take the fiddle down from the wall.”
— Andrew Nelson Lytle, Tennessee, 1930

On Mar 7, 2020, at 10:26 PM, John Kohnen <@Jkohnen> wrote:

I'm going by the Boathouses in Toledo on Thursday. If someone can get it to the Denny's in Albany, by the Hwy 20 exit, at quarter to one, I'll buy them lunch and take the lathe the rest of the way. I could also pick it up somewhere else that wasn't too far off my route. Let me know ahead of time so I can take the pickup.

Lathes are fun, and useful too. :o) I guess we'll never want for belaying pins from now on. <g> In addition to turning wood, if you get a three jaw chuck for it and you can turn brass freehand using scrapers and files.

On March 7, 2020 5:50:25 PM PST, Teri wrote:that wasn't too far off my route.
I think it was late 40s, common brand like Wards. I think he'd be happy
to see it at the boat house. Just gotta figure a way to get it there.

A facility for quotation covers the absence of original thought. (Lord Peter Wimsey)
Sent from some sort of mobile device.o I can take the pickup.