Re: Lon's memorial

Teresa Pittman

I will try to. Might even pick up a boat when I finish moving around. Really appreciated you coming up. (And glad you got to talk to Chad. Lon used to call him "the pirate of the Columbia". He's a serious boat guy, just not wooden boats).

“Throw out the radio and take the fiddle down from the wall.”
— Andrew Nelson Lytle, Tennessee, 1930

On Mar 1, 2020, at 7:40 PM, John Kohnen <@Jkohnen> wrote:

It was a nice gathering, to bad you had to miss it Andy. It was nice to talk with Teri and Quinn, and meet some of Lon's friends and relatives. Lon was indeed s good man. I'll sure miss him.

I hope Quinn and Teri stay in touch. They're Coots.

On 3/1/2020 10:36 AM, Andrew wrote:
Terri, I can't make it to the memorial. Please know I loved Lon. He was a good man, larger than life. I think of him often. I remember his kindness and generosity.
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk. (Sir Francis Chichester while loading his boat with gin)