Radio and Navigation Workshop, March 21st in Toledo

Some details on the workshop:

http://www.coots.org/mb/Electro/

It'll start with proper VHF radio usage and etiquette, then Bob will do a presentation on Coastal Navigation in the Age of the Cell Phone, then I'll do a section on using OpenCPN and Navionics, the two cheap nav programs for mobile devices.

There will be opportunities to mix and mingle and help each other out with our devices. There's good pizza across the street, mooring costs only an optional donation to the Boathouses, and vehicle camping is free in the parking lot. The tides are favorable for a trip up the Yaquina River on Sunday for those wanting to make a weekend of it.

The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization. (Sigmund Freud)