Re: Good Shiphandling

I'll bet we've all had some embarrassing moments when trying to dock. I know I have! <g>

Docking parallel to a pier dead downwind in storm winds has gotta be the toughest challenge. At least the Hurtigruten skipper didn't have to squeeze his ship into a tight spot between two other ships... Another Hurtigruten ferry faced with a similar situation in the same storm gave up and went someplace else.

On 1/31/2020 2:19 PM, Earl wrote:
I had to laugh at my own docking experiences with dr. Petra!....Earl

https://preview.tinyurl.com/yxx7xz9b

or

https://www.maritime-executive.com/article/video-high-winds-blow-hurtigruten-cruise-ship-against-pier
It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning. (Bill Watterson)