Re: Our friend Lon

Teresa Pittman

Thank you, Andy, for the kind words about Lon. (And a thank you to the rest of the Coots as well).  I knew he was someone special, the first time I met him.

“Throw out the radio and take the fiddle down from the wall.”
— Andrew Nelson Lytle, Tennessee, 1930

On Jan 29, 2020, at 5:24 PM, Andrew Rusten <w7atr.1@...> wrote:

I about puked when Quinn texted me. I met Lon on the Coots forum and went over to look at the submerged Silver Spray. He and I talked at length about ideas to raise her and did a survey under water again and the rest of you know the history. Lon gave me moorage for our Cat 27 for a time until we moved down island (after I stepped thru the decking on the dock and had to have my leg sewed back up. Will miss our conversations at night on the web and his humor and his love for boat history around the Northwest. Still can’t believe he’s gone. But... better than drooling your life away in a nursing home with a full diaper...  nice exit Lon