Re: Coots Electronics Workshop, March 21st

Your laptop doesn't have to know where you are to plan voyages, set waypoints and set up routes. After you get that done, you plug the pocket GPS into a USB port on the computer and transfer the data from the computer to the GPS. You'd go mad trying to do all that on the handheld! <g>

It's easier to do waypoints and routes on a tablet, a phone would be somewhere in between. It's still easiest to do the planning stuff on a "real" computer and transfer it to the mobile device.

What model is you GPS, Rich? Some ancient ones might not work with modern nav programs...

On 1/26/2020 4:21 PM, Rich G wrote:
Does that CPN seem to suggest a laptop will have a GPS potential within it? I don’t think my laptop, Mac Air Pro, has GPS within.
I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me. (Dudley Field Malone)