Re: Borden's Glue

Randy Torgerson

 Andrew,

Like John said a SOF Katydidn't doesn't need anything over 8 feet and I have all the wood I will need in my wood shed.  If I need long clear boards quickly I agree that they are expensive, if I have time there are several lumber yards in Tacoma that have CVG Doug Fir and clear Alaska Yellow Cedar that is priced better than what I can get in Portland.  Over the next few months I expect to see lumber cut from salvaged trees that come down in the storms.  Urban lumber is hit or miss but sometime you can get a deal.

As for scarfing, I have a really ugly table saw jig that works wonderfully; if I had known how well it would work, I would have made it look better.

I have mostly convinced myself to do the SOF Kattydidn't once I get the canoe out of the garage.  I won't have the Tolman ready for any of the boat shows but maybe  I will have a SOF pram to show.

Randy