Re: Glue, caulk, Strip Planking on small craft, Some Observations

Which one of these, Dan? How does it compare to PL Premium in price, and why is it better?

https://www.gorillatough.com/product/gorilla-construction-adhesive-3/

https://www.gorillatough.com/product/gorilla-heavy-duty-construction-adhesive/

https://www.loctiteproducts.com/en/products/build/construction-adhesives/loctite_pl_premiumpolyurethaneconstructionadhesive.html

The quotes I put at the bottom of my emails are just for entertainment, and to provoke thought. Lord Peter's aphorism seems to have stirred Dan's little gray cells a bit. <g>

On 1/11/2020 9:04 PM, Dan in Almostcanada wrote:
After years of using PL Premium, for just about everything. I’ve stated buying an armload of Gorilla Glue Construction Cement this past couple boats.  Kinda like poorman’s Sikaflex.  No substitute for ‘pox, of course.  But, I find I use it for more and more stuff alluhtime.  Lots of edge and face gluing of mdo sheet material for example.  Also, as a bedding compound on deck fittings.  Way less messy than the high dollar clear silicone.
John, today’s quote by Lord Whimsy does put you in hoist-upon- one’s-own-petard territory.  Rhetorically, if not factually…  Dan.
I HATE quotation. Tell me what you know. (Ralph Waldo Emerson)