Re: Glue, caulk, Strip Planking on small craft, Some Observations

Richard Green

"Gorilla Heavy Duty Construction Adhesive Ultimate is tough, versatile, and 100% waterproof."

I see this “grabs instantly”, does it give you time to adjust the fit as needed or is it like contact cement which resists movement after positioning?

Rich

On Jan 11, 2020, at 9:04 PM, Dan <danashore@...> wrote:

After years of using PL Premium, for just about everything. I’ve stated buying an armload of Gorilla Glue Construction Cement this past couple boats.  Kinda like poorman’s Sikaflex.  No substitute for ‘pox, of course.  But, I find I use it for more and more stuff alluhtime.  Lots of edge and face gluing of mdo sheet material for example.  Also, as a bedding compound on deck fittings.  Way less messy than the high dollar clear silicone.

John, today’s quote by Lord Whimsy does put you in hoist-upon- one’s-own-petard territory.  Rhetorically, if not factually…  Dan.