Re: Glue, caulk, Strip Planking on small craft, Some Observations

Dan

After years of using PL Premium, for just about everything. I’ve stated buying an armload of Gorilla Glue Construction Cement this past couple boats.  Kinda like poorman’s Sikaflex.  No substitute for ‘pox, of course.  But, I find I use it for more and more stuff alluhtime.  Lots of edge and face gluing of mdo sheet material for example.  Also, as a bedding compound on deck fittings.  Way less messy than the high dollar clear silicone.

John, today’s quote by Lord Whimsy does put you in hoist-upon- one’s-own-petard territory.  Rhetorically, if not factually…  Dan.