Re: Beaver Creek Messabout Next Saturday, the 11th

A good choice. It's supposed to be fun! <g> We saw a raft of kelp in Beaver Creek by the launch ramp last year. With a spring tide and strong wind from the west it would have been "interesting" to see if the ocean would cough something up into the creek again -- but probably not "fun" to be out in it. <g>

Saturday
"Showers. Snow level 2600 feet. High near 48. Windy, with a west northwest wind around 24 mph, with gusts as high as 39 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible."

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lon=-124.07001&lat=44.52117

On 1/10/2020 9:35 AM, Bob Larkin wrote:
I was just talking to Jim Reim over at Waldport and Beaver Creek may not be a smart thing.   A combination of high tide and 25 ft swells can bring water into the creek which along with storm winds could make things somewhere between uncomfortable and unsafe.  So neither Jim nor I are going to be there.  As he said, this should bring really nice weather!!
Dan A. was going to come with me, and that won't work.  So, Jim, Dan A. and I will NOT be there.
When shall we have a winter alternative?  Beaver Creek is still a good place for the winter outings.  Thoughts?
A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." (Douglas Adams)