Re: Interesting Podcasts

Richard Green

Saw Dolly at the PT show a couple years when a little Japanese lady owned it.  Very small interior but of course beautifully done.

Rich

On Jan 2, 2020, at 5:50 AM, Randy Torgerson <coots@...> wrote:

John,

John Guzzwell, in the class and his other boat builds, used Wonderbond, a catalyzed PVA which is boil proof. We would use a spritzer bottle to add the catalyst to get the right ratio.  John talked about building his wife's boat and having a crew put the fiberglass on.  The dingy we build in the class was the Atkins Petey Dink CM, which based on Katydidn't.  Somewhere I have a cut off from the hull that has the three layers of Khaya Mahogany, effectively we made plywood.

On of the stories John told was when he was interned in Germany during WWII, he and other children convinced a German sergeant to let them go outside the castle to play.  The sergeant was not seen again, most likely was transferred to the Russian front.

Randy