Re: Interesting Podcasts

Thanks, Randy! It looks like there are a bunch of good interviews there.

From listening to John Guzzwell and reading Trekka and some of his articles, I think he'd be a good and interesting person to meet.

When he built a cold-molded boat, and it's Atkin dinghy, for his wife he'd become sensitized to epoxy, so he used an industrial Elmers "modified" PVA glue that I think must have been about like Titebond II. After laying up the hull he hired a crew to sheath it with FG and epoxy. I've seen both boats at the Port Townsend fest years later and they were doing fine.

https://flic.kr/p/3f3Rff

http://atkinboatplans.com/Photos/Katydidnt/

On January 1, 2020 9:26:01 PM PST, Randy Torgerson <coots@...> wrote:
John,

I found a list of podcasts here:. http://www.furledsails.com/howto.php3

Several years ago I took John Guzzwell's cold molded boat building
class at the Center For Woodenboats, although I have yet to built a
cold molded boat I found John and the class very interesting.

A facility for quotation covers the absence of original thought. (Lord Peter Wimsey)
Sent from some sort of mobile device.