Re: Boat Launch Today at Noon!

Richard Green

With the sou’wester, pic could be a Gloucester fisherman heading out to check the lines! Great photo.

Rich

On Dec 11, 2019, at 1:03 AM, John Kohnen <@Jkohnen> wrote:

The boat launch went off very well. We had a good crowd of both Coots and Retired Old Geezers, plus the press and a couple of Officials from the Port (Chuck and Bud). Andrew presided, and performed one of his best christening ceremonies yet! :o) Newly christened Whimsy hit the water and I took her for a spin. She rows like a dream! Tracks well (good for poor oarsmen like me <g>), pulls easily, and has a nice long glide. We don't know the weight, but I'm betting well under 40 pounds, and maybe even close to the design 31 lb. (IIRC). I'm sure I'm gonna get a lot of good use out of her. :o)

The pizza afterwards was good too. :o)

Thanks to the ROGs for building me a Good Boat, and thanks to everyone who showed up for the fun toady.

I should given my camera to someone better than Bud. <g> But he got one sorta decent shot of me during Whimsy's maiden row. More photos to follow soon...

--
John (@Jkohnen)
Winter is icumen in,/Lhude sing Goddamm,/Raineth drop and staineth slop,/And how the wind doth ramm!/Sing: Goddam. (Ezra Pound)

<023-Whimsy.jpg>