Re: Coot Calendars -- Order Now!

Claire Acord

Why Devil's elbow John?  Bad shore setting currents?  Hidden rocks?  Shipwrecks?  Or just the normal Oregon coast all three <g>
cheers
Claire

Stay afloat with current events....visit Traditional Small Craft Association - Puget Sound's website:
http://www.tscapuget.org
Claire Acord, Chapter President

On Sun, Dec 8, 2019 at 7:34 PM John Kohnen <jkohnen@...> wrote:
Devil's Elbow! That was a favorite place for us to go when I was a kid,
and still a very nice park. I shoulda recognized it. But you did hige
the lighthouse. <g>

Did you take the Three Capes Scenic Route from Pacific City? The view
coming down off Cape Lookout to Netarts Bay is terrific! Oceanside is an
interesting little seaside village. We used to do a Motorcycle run over
there from Dallas. The Anchor tavern was a good spot, but it got turned
into a f***ing fern bar. <sigh> The last time I was over that way the
road around Cape Meares was closed; they gave up on trying to keep it
from sliding off the side of the Cape. I don't remember whether that was
north or south of the Cape...

If you get a small enough sailboat you don't need much to tow it. I use
a 4-cylinder pickup for my boats, but since I got the "new" lighter
trailer for my Footloose skiff, Pickle, I'll bet I could tow her with my
Prius. Charley is towing his aluminum skiff with his Prius.

--
John (jkohnen@...)
We should not be simply fighting evil in the name of good, but