Re: Marine Electronics Non-Intensive Class

Case Turner

When I took the certification that was pretty much all it was. What channels to use or not use. How to call and sign off, etc. general radio etiquette.

Case

Sent from not here

On Dec 4, 2019, at 1:37 PM, John Kohnen <@Jkohnen> wrote:

What most Coots need to learn about radio use and etiquette is just enough to successfully communicate, and not sound like an idiot. <g> I don't know how much inbterest there's be in a real class to get certified.

On 12/3/2019 8:22 AM, Case wrote:
For those that hold Merchant Mariners licenses you are required to take a MROP (Marine Radio Operators Permit) certification class. When I took mine many eons ago you had to go the Federal Building in PDX to take the test.
Now there are online courses and exams. Pretty spendy for Coots budgets, but there may be a way to get a group course or find an instructor willing to do a group class. Not sure if or who handles this anymore in Oregon.
--
John (@Jkohnen)
The trouble with the school of experience is that the graduates are too old to go to work. (Henry Ford)