Re: Yaquina River After Thanksgiving Float

elaineginader

I thought of this float on Friday as I sat in my cubicle wishing I could be there instead. Great pictures John. I wanted to see Pearl moving in the water too bummer.

Elaine

On Sat, Nov 30, 2019, 12:29 AM John Kohnen <jkohnen@...> wrote:
It was a Perfect day for a float today. The sun was shining warmly,
there was barely a breath of a breeze, no jackets were needed. :o) Alas,
I was alone at the Cannon Quarry ramp, with noone to help shuttle my
trailer down to the airport ramp. <sigh> I thought about putting in and
going upriver a ways and coming back with the tide, but I went and had
pizza. <g>

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmJGR7yL

Due to an uncooperative moon the tide was kinda late today. The sun was
warm, but once it dropped behind the hills it was gonna cool off fast.
Next year I've negotiated a much earlier high tide. I hope the sun and
wind behave as nicely next year as they did today.

--
John (john@...)
I cannot endure to waste anything as precious as autumn sunshine by