in either direction, seemingly at random! Lowering the centerboard helps
some, but then you've got to drag that around. We're doing this for fun,
remember? ;o)

On Wed, 20 Jun 2001 09:48:47 -0700, intrepid oarsman Bryn wrote:
what about oars? You do have oars don't you?

-----Original Message-----
From: ajonn2000@yahoo.com [mailto:ajonn2000@yahoo.com]

My only comment on using the South Bay launch site is that those of
us without "mechanical power" might have a problem getting out of the
marina and into the bay. When leaving the launch ramp, one must
negotiate quite a narrow stip of water bounded by the marina on one
side and land on the other. If the wind is right probably would be
OK, but if not, could be a real bummer, both in leaving and returning.
http://www.boat-links.com/
"Necessity is the mother of invention" is a silly proverb.
"Necessity is the mother of futile dodges" is much nearer the truth.
<Alfred North Whitehead>